A number of conditions have been associated with an increased risk of suicide including:
- History of psychiatric condition.
- Male gender.
- Caucasian race.
- Living alone.
- Marital status (never married, followed by widowed, separated, divorced).
- Adverse childhood experience (for example emotional/physical/sexual abuse).
- Family history of suicide.
- Prior suicide attempt/threat.
For over two decades there has been an epidemic of American professional wrestlers dying. Many of them committed suicide. Below is a list of professional wrestlers from the National and Modern eras who committed suicide.
|Kerry Von Erich|
- Edward Gossett (Promoter, Eddie Graham) 1/21/85.
- Mike Adkisson (Mike Von Erich) 4/12/87.
- Ed Gantner 12/31/90.
- Chris Adkisson (Chris Von Erich) 9/12/91.
- Harold Watanabe (Tojo Yamamoto) 2/19/92.
- Kerry Adkisson (Kerry Von Erich) 2/18/93.
- Jeremy Sumpter (Big E. Sleaze) 10/26/97.
- Richard Williams (Renegade) 2/23/99.
- Mitch Snow "2000".
- Mike Marcello "2000".
- Rhonda Singh (Bertha Faye) 7/27/01.
- Robert Dicks (Slick Robbie D) 2/18/02.
- Lee Estabrook (Core) 6/25/03.
- Darlene Brown (promoter) 7/15/03.
- Mike Lockwood (Crash Holly) 11/6/03.
- Tim Berner (Vic Vengeance) 7/25/04.
- Michael Alfonso (Mike Awesome) 2/17/07.
- Steven Ranton (Axis) 3/27/07.
- Chris Benoit 6/25/07.
- James Fawcett (Devil Bhudakhan) 7/12/07.
- Adam Dykes (Adam Firestorm) 11/5/09.
- Tony Halme (Ludvig Borga) 1/8/10.
- Chris Klucsaritis (Kanyon) 4/2/10.
- Alexander Whybrow (Larry Sweeney) 4/11/11.
- Rod Steele 8/11.
- American Association of Suicidology, Washington, DC, 2001.
- MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2006; 55(26): 721.
The medical resource www.uptodate.com was used in the preparation of this blog.
Photographs are for illustrative purposes only. Wrestling with Death does not claim ownership.